Index for Researchers
Information for Visiting Observers
If you have been awarded observing time on Subaru Telescope, you
are required to read and obey the following information and rules.
- Subaru Telescope may request to use a part of observing time (1-2 hrs) for engineering purposes to verify the functions and performance of the telescope and instruments. This is because due to limited telescope time it is difficult to
allocate sufficient engineering time in the telescope schedule. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Procedure for visiting and remote observation Subaru Telescope in
English or Japanese
- This describes the information to be provided to Subaru Telescope
prior to your arrival in Hawai`i or remote observation at Mitaka NAOJ campus.
- Safety Advisory in English or
- The summit of Mauna Kea is a hazardous environment, and all
visitors must be aware of these issues.
- Open Use Observations Policy in English
- Subaru Telescope has policies regarding the operation of the
telescope, as well as deviations from proposed observations.
- Target of Opportunity (ToO) Observations Procedure in English or Japanese
- The procedure to issue ToO observations is described.
- Filling Open Use report form (visiting observers only). Go to
Electronic report form.
We are very keen for visitors to share their work with the
scientific staff of Subaru Telescope via our Subaru seminars. Please
contact sseminar_at_subaru.naoj.org if
you are interested.
04 February, 2018