MOIRCS Fits Header Information
The Information here are mostly for new detectors (2016-).
FITS header keywords
The examples of the MOIRCS primary FITS headers as of Oct 2017 can be found below.
For the detail of each FITS header keywords, refer the document "FITS hand book version 6.0" (page 120 for general, p170 for the moircs-specific keywords, pp 242-260 for the full list of the header keyword list: they are old).
Here is the most recent moircs-specific keyword dictionary (Last Update: 2017-10-23).
The old moircs-specific keyword dictionary (before 2015) can be found here.
Change of the Header Keywords before and after the Upgrade
During the MOIRCS upgrade work in 2016 we have added some new keywords and eliminated unnecessary old keywords. The change of the keywords is summarized here.
K_TROij (i=1,2,3; j=1,2), K_TRTij (i=1,2,3; j=1,2), K_DETZj (j=1,2), K_T-CBj (j=1,2), K_DETNDM
- K_NEXPOS (NEXPOSURE Number)
- K_EXPCNT (Exposure number at dither position)
- K_ASIC (Name of the ASIC)
- K_OVRHD (Estimated overhead in seconds)
- K_TROi (i=1,2,3: Offset of turret i)
- K_TRTi (i=1,2,3: Hole number of turret i)
- AIRM-STR (Airmass at exposure start)
- AIRM-END (Airmass at exposure end)
- K_DETZ (Step count position of detector focus)
- K_T-CB (Temperature of Chip Box (K))
- ZD-STR (Zenith Distance at exp. start (degree))
- ZD-END (Zenith Distance at exp. end (degree))
The Keywords that have some changes in the definition:
There are some keywords we modified the definition during the nuMOIRCS upgrade in Dec 2015. They are mostly the change of the timing we get the status from the Gen2 System. See the document below for more detail.
Update Log (since 2017)
- Dec 2017: The formats of some FITS header keywords (most of the common keywords as well as some MOIRCS-specific keywords) are adjusted to follow the specification described by the manual "FITS no Tebiki".
- Apr 27, 2018: The clock-related keywords (HST, UT, MJD etc) are updated to be more accurate. However, there still have the uncertainty of a few seconds.
- MJD values of the following FRAME_IDs are 0.00000000. Following the SMOKA policy, these data are not open to the public
- We found that there are some fits header keywords that were not correct due to the unknown reasons (during 2006-2009: 194 files).
Though we have updated the SMOKA database, the header values in the FITS data were still wrong.
Here is the link for the list of the wrong data.
Note that there may be some more keywords that are not correct for these FITS files listed.
The information about the troubled data can be found here. It also includes the header-related troubles.