Preliminary Meeting Program: (To be updated with speakers)
Sunday Nov. 6
- Workshop Reception at the hotel
Monday Nov. 7
- Session 1: "The Power of Wide-Field Imaging and Spectroscopic
- Introductory talk on wide-field survey astronomy
- Talks on WFMOS and HyperSuprime Cam (two talks)
- Session 2: "Theoretical and Observational Perspectives
on Dark Energy"
- Theoretical (i.e. physics) perspectives (two talks)
- Observational (i.e., astrophysics) perspective (two talks)
- Session 3: "Probes of The Dark Universe: WFMOS and Baryon
- BAO theory talk
- BAO survey talk
- BAO simulation talk
- Short contributions on future galaxy redshift surveys,
including AAOmega, FMOS etc.
Tuesday Nov. 8
- Session 4: "Probes of The Dark Universe: HyperSuprimeCam
and Weak Lensing"
- WL theory talk
- WL observational perspective (two talks)
- Short contributions on future WL and imaging surveys,
including LSST, PanSTARRS, DES,
- VISTA, VST etc.
- Session 5: "Other Probes of The Dark Universe"
- Contributions on other methods to probe the dark universe
including supernovae experiments, cluster counts, etc.
- Workshop banquet at the hotel
Wednesday Nov. 9
- Session 6: "Related and Extra Science"
- Contributions from attendees including talks on galaxy
evolution, large-scale structure, test of fundamental physics,
galactic dynamics etc.
- Session 7: Conference Summary and Panel Discussion