Effect of the Earthquakes at the Subaru Telescope (Final Report)
May 19, 2018
Here we announce the status of the Subaru Telescope, as of May 19, 2018, after the M 6.9 earthquake and its aftershocks occurred in the afternoon on May 4, 2018.
- The damaged part of the enclosure was treated successfully.
- No serious problem on the telescope, enclosure, and observing instruments was found during the careful investigation.
- Subaru Telescope resumed the open use observations on May 18, 2018.
- The summit facility tour program will resume on May 23, 2018.
The observatory continues to give special attention to earthquakes and volcanic activities for safe operation of the telescope.
Dr. Michitoshi Yoshida
Director, Subaru Telescope
- Effect of the Earthquakes at the Subaru Telescope
- Effect of the Earthquakes at the Subaru Telescope (Report 2)