Special Call for Proposals
April 18, 2012
Subaru Telescope is calling for proposals for observations that will use IRCS [+AO188], MOIRCS or FMOS during approximately 20 nights in late May and early June.
To submit a proposal, please follow the instructions below:
- Time is available from May 19th to June 11th.
- Only Normal Programs are accepted.
- Due to time constraints, limit the scientific justification to one page of an A4/letter sized paper and submit the proposal by April 26, 3:00 am UT.
Direct questions regarding this special Call for Proposals to cfp_consult @ optik-ml.mtk.nao.ac.jp. The Subaru Telescope Open Use Team
Details of Special Call for Proposals for Observations at the Subaru Telescope
1. Timing and available instruments:
- May 19 to May 31: IRCS with or without AO188, MOIRCS*
- June 01 to June 11: IRCS with or without AO188, MOIRCS*, FMOS
(1) AutoGuider is not available in this period.
(2) MOS observations are accepted only when a proposer already has the necessary pre-imaging data.
The conditions for availability of these instruments are the same as in S12B Call for Normal Program Proposals
2. Proposal type:
- Normal Program (i.e., maximum 5 nights)
3. How to submit:
- Via the web form, like a usual Call for Proposals.
- Please follow the instruction described in http://subarutelescope.org/Observing/Proposals/Submit/howto.html
- The PDF file of the scientific justification should be only "1 page" in this case.
4. Submission deadline:
- April 26, 2012 12:00 (Noon) in Japan Standard Time (April 26, 3:00 AM in UT)
5. Notification of selection result:
- Mid-May, 2012